Since 2011, I've been covering Portland's food and drink scene for a variety of newspapers, websites and magazines.
As a new business contributor to Neighborhood Notes and The Oregonian—I write their Open + Shut columns—I'm ahead of the curve on trends in the city's dining scene.
Topics that I've dug into include:
- Portland's burgers
- Portland's sandwiches
- Portland's happy hours
- Portland's brunches
- and Portland's tiny bars
You can also read longform works I've for Mix, Beer West and Sun Valley magazines about:
- Portland's Quirkiest Public Restrooms
- River to Plate Fish Fresh from the Columbia River
- Portland's Tap Cocktail Trend
- Why Beer Is(n't) Marketed to Women
- and even the abandoned practice of Seeding Clouds atop Mount Baldy in Ketchum, Idaho